Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some Blog Junk

I love having a private blog because I feel comfortable sharing pictures, stories, etc. and knowing who it is that has access to my personal information. The lame part of private blogs is that you have a 100 person cap. And today we hit that cap. And I still have about 15 people who want to view our blog that I haven't invited yet. So I decided to do it this way: all of my cancer updates, etc. will be on my public cancer blog. All of my personal family things and pictures will be on my private blog. I will be referring to my daughters as Big Sister and Little Sister and will try to keep too much personal information off of this blog, but I will update it as frequently as I can without taking time away from my family. Below are my first two cancer posts from earlier this week. I am hoping to post again this weekend with a lot more information. Because I am at my 100 person cap, if you are mostly just interesting in following my cancer updates, please ignore the invitation to my family blog and I will delete it, allowing more people to access my family blog. Sorry for the confusion, I think it will just be easier this way.

One other thing, I'm going to try to keep things fairly vague as far as details on this blog and mostly talk about my feelings, how our family is doing, etc. Honestly, I don't want to be the butt of anyone's joke and I don't want to over share to the point that I feel like people are gossiping about my personal life. Cancer is a very private matter and I really appreciate that, for the most part, everyone has respected that and been really supportive and positive.  I really want this blog to be an outlet of healing for me, and I'd appreciate it if everyone would help me with that.

Thanks again for all the love! I'm hoping to give this blog a little more love with some cute layouts, more posts, pictures, quotes, etc. before I start my chemo but no promises. If you're wondering at the title of my blog it's based on the following scripture from Ecclesiastes:


 To every thing there is a aseason, and a btime to every purpose under the heaven:
 atime to be born, and a time to bdie; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 A time to weep, and a time to alaugh; a time to bmourn, and a time to dance;
 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 A time to aget, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to arend, and a time to sew; a time to keep bsilence, and a time to speak;
 A time to love, and a time to ahate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
I decided that this part of my life is a time to fight; a time to fight and a time to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment